This is your chance to apply!
The World Scout Jamboree is the largest, regular event organised by the Scout Movement. It takes place every four years in a different country. The first World Scout Jamboree took place in England in 1920 and since then 22 such events have been held. The 23rd World Scout Jamboree will take place in Japan in the summer of 2015.
Who can apply?
Any member of Scouting who is born between 28 July 1997 and 27 July 2001.
These dates are fixed at a world level and can’t be changed. Everyone has the chance of attending one World Scout Jamboree. If you are too old to apply as a participant, you could apply to be part of the International Service Team – applications open in September.
What are we looking for?
- An interest in international Scouting/Guiding
- An ability to work in a team (not necessarily as a leader but a full member)
- A commitment to Scouting
- A commitment to the Jamboree experience and training events
- The ability to take responsibility for yourself
- Experience of camping and basic Scouting skills
What isn’t it about?
- It doesn’t matter what your current role is (Scout, Explorer Scout, Young Leader etc) or how long you have been a member
- It’s not a reward for getting the most badges or awards
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve never been abroad or on a plane before
- Your financial situation
Want to know more?
Ask your section Leader for the information pack and application form – deadline for applications is 28th September 2013.